Internet Explorer question

Mike Dewhirst

Jun 16, 2017, 12:06:36 AM6/16/17
to Django users
I have just spent the most frustrating 90 minutes in living memory
walking a potential user through our application via IE.

Does anyone know if we need to make special provision for IE in Django
Admin (1.10) ?

The UI seems very slow and quirky. I suspected Javascript was disabled
but the Show/Hide links worked sometimes. The user is familiar with IE
(corporate desktop) and had to click (SHOW) three times to expand the
collapsed fields. The draggable corner of a TextField was non-existent.
Drop-down lists were sometimes mysteriously blank but could be traversed
with the up/down arrow keys.

I haven't had IE on any of my machines for decades. Am I going to have
to test on IE?

Ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Andréas Kühne

Jun 16, 2017, 3:53:06 AM6/16/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you target corporate users, you will have to test IE. I would say that that is a requirement. The draggable corner of a TextField is a browser implementation for example and doesn't exist in IE (as you now have experienced). However the javascript problems you are seeing should "just work", because django admin uses jquery and that works with all major browsers (as long as you are not using a very old version of IE).

Regardsr,

Andréas

Mike

Matthew Pava

Jun 16, 2017, 9:35:36 AM6/16/17
to django...@googlegroups.com

The only Microsoft-supported version of IE is version 11.  And it seems to work just fine for me in Django Admin 1.10.  If you users aren’t using version 11, I would start there.  Then check the computer; maybe the user needs to delete some temporary files.