DSasS(Data Science as Service)

Arshpreet Singh

Jun 16, 2017, 7:45:22 AM6/16/17
to Django users
There is a project I am working on which is Platform. Data Science as Service. A Platform where almost anyone can do Data Science with Few Clicks.

<q>

SearchBusinessAnalytics spoke with DataScience CEO and founder Ian Swanson about the burgeoning data science as a service space. He discussed what his team of data scientists provides that data analysis tools alone cannot, the ways in which data science drives revenue, and how his venture-backed company has been able to acquire and develop a strong stable of data scientists and data engineers in less than two years while massive tech companies often struggle to do the same.

</q>

http://searchbusinessanalytics.techtarget.com/feature/Data-science-as-a-service-provides-instant-access-to-analysts

So basically there will be few ML models and I will feed those some variables and will get some output. Before writing any kind of code I am interested in the architecture of the whole system. Django is the option to use and do things.

I am bit confused and not sure where I should start to do things?

Melvyn Sopacua

Jun 16, 2017, 11:09:51 AM6/16/17
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Friday 16 June 2017 04:45:22 Arshpreet Singh wrote:

> So basically there will be few ML models and I will feed those some

> variables and will get some output. Before writing any kind of code I

> am interested in the architecture of the whole system. Django is the

> option to use and do things.

> I am bit confused and not sure where I should start to do things?

You do things in models.

You gather things in views.

You render things in templates.

You make things available through urls.

Pretty much.

--

Melvyn Sopacua

Frank Gau

Jun 16, 2017, 1:35:05 PM6/16/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
+1 for this excellent summary!
> --

sent with 100% wireless electrons

A.S. Khangura

Jun 17, 2017, 2:48:54 AM6/17/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pretty much.

Yes that Explains almost everything we need to know for now. :)

Any way you could make me go through Architecture Design of system.
Or any kind of open-Source project where I would be able to study
things and look for how I can make my own?

--
Thanks
Arshpreet Singh

Life is a journey, not a destination.

A.S. Khangura

Jun 17, 2017, 3:42:15 AM6/17/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You do things in models.

So that means all my ML models would be Django-Models?

> You gather things in views.

I will pass data and get results from functions to show on web-pages.

> You render things in templates.

Yes that is other stuff. :)

> You make things available through urls.

For sure, What else I could do otherwise with my amazing Models.

Melvyn Sopacua

Jun 17, 2017, 4:15:19 AM6/17/17
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday 17 June 2017 12:17:18 A.S. Khangura wrote:

> Any way you could make me go through Architecture Design of system.

> Or any kind of open-Source project where I would be able to study

> things and look for how I can make my own?

The documentation. The tutorial takes you through all the steps I mentioned and in addition introduces the admin, forms (connecting user input with models, views and templates) and unit tests.

--

Melvyn Sopacua

A.S. Khangura

Jun 17, 2017, 4:28:26 AM6/17/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The documentation. The tutorial takes you through all the steps I mentioned
> and in addition introduces the admin, forms (connecting user input with
> models, views and templates) and unit tests.

Yes Went through that famous tutorial. It is amazing but the work I am
going to start is bit more complex, Definitely I should start from
simple steps but if there would be a head-start so I would be able to
understand things more accurately so in near future I would not put
myself in much trouble.

--
Thanks
Arshpreet Singh
Python Developer
Web Development/Data Science/Systems Integration
Mobile: (91)987 6458 387
https://www.linkedin.com/in/arsh840

Melvyn Sopacua

Jun 17, 2017, 4:38:03 AM6/17/17
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday 17 June 2017 13:11:17 A.S. Khangura wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You do things in models.

> So that means all my ML models would be Django-Models?

Yes. Models should be a representation of the data and their interaction.

> > You gather things in views.

> I will pass data and get results from functions to show on web-pages.

Parameters you get from requests which are passed on through URLs.

Session info can also be used to pass in data (which is tied to a cookie in the request). And finally HTTP headers may also provide information (such as the user's preferred languages).

The basic job of a view is to return a request into a response. This is by nature a functional pattern, but there are also class-based-views, which make sharing common functionality a lot easier.

--

Melvyn Sopacua