Django Live Site to Localhost (Testing)

bh...@diamondyarn.com

Aug 20, 2015, 10:41:17 AM8/20/15
to Django users
We have a completely developed Django Site running on live, But it never had a testing environment. Now, I downloaded all the files of Website and download a mysql dump file.
I want to run this on my local machine windows (Just to push my changes here to test before going live).
I installed all requirements (Python 2.7, Pip, Mysql, Django), and able to create a new project and run the server. How do I configure and run the downloaded site now?

Your help is highly Appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhanu.

Bhadreshsinh Gohil

Aug 25, 2015, 7:29:49 AM8/25/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bhanu

Put your download sites in your config folder(web directory) and restore your database.

Mo. No. +91 7600 95 94 93

Gergely Polonkai

Aug 25, 2015, 9:33:23 AM8/25/15
to Django users

If this is a Django-only thing, you can use manage.py to dump and load your data, without the SQL dump. The code, I guess, is available from somewhere, e.g. in a VCS so you just have to clone/checkout.