Django CMS or Wiki?

guettli

Aug 24, 2015, 2:49:57 AM8/24/15
to Django users
I am unsure which application I should use for my personal  homepage.

At work we use a wiki and I like it a lot, since you can edit the content very fast and linking
between pages is very easy.

On the other hand django cms seems to be a widespread application and it could be
a solid ground for a homepage.

The content is quite simple. Some pages with some pictures.

I  do software development with django since several years.

But for my personal homepage I don't want to do development. In this context I
want to be a software user.

Has someone an advice which django application could be used?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

Avraham Serour

Aug 24, 2015, 3:29:09 AM8/24/15
to django-users

guettli

Aug 24, 2015, 3:47:36 AM8/24/15
to Django users
Why do you like it?

Avraham Serour

Aug 24, 2015, 4:07:55 AM8/24/15
to django-users
Django cms feels like a framework for building your own cms, it has many things that will help you to build your own system and it is very flexible
mezzanine is a finished product, it is highly configurable but it may be harder to customize (but always possible)

Shawn Milochik

Aug 24, 2015, 8:30:07 AM8/24/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:49 AM, guettli <h...@tbz-pariv.de> wrote:

Has someone an advice which django application could be used?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

Why does it have to be a Django application? Static site generators such as Hugo and Pelican are very popular, especially for things like blogs. The content is updated so infrequently that involving database transactions in a page load is just wasteful.

guettli

Aug 24, 2015, 9:38:37 AM8/24/15
to Django users, Sh...@milochik.com
A static content generator is what I use up to now.

I want to alter the site from every web enabled device (pc or tablet).