how can i create web app like twitter with django

rehobotworld4u

Aug 16, 2017, 9:08:50 AM8/16/17
to Django users
i have been given a project in our school to create a web app like twitter with python django and i have only a little ideal of django

Sol Chikuse

Aug 16, 2017, 4:21:05 PM8/16/17
to Django users
Hi there,

Creating a web app like twitter is no easy task especially for someone with a little idea of Django. So before you attempt to develop a clone of such a gigantic project you should immense yourself in getting to know Django, work on some small projects, taking small baby steps (Don't worry, they will get you there).  As you code along, you will get to know the software (stack) that is required to build such kind of applications because Django is not the only thing you will need to learn. There are softwares that will make your web app look nice and beautiful like html/css/bootstrap, and others like javascript/jquery to add dynamic content etc. There is so much going on with Twitter on both the front and back end that for a programming newbie you will find quite challenging to tackle. For a beginner like yourself, I am surprised you were given such kind of a project at school.

Have a look at this to get you started and remember: Rome was not built in a day.

Regards