Django simple Captacha

Ajay Kumar

Jul 19, 2016, 10:54:32 AM7/19/16
to Django users

hi Guys

I tried django-simple-captcha on refering http://django-simple-captcha.readthedocs.io/…/la…/usage.html. Every thing works well and goes fine, I need few suggestion on it.

1. How efficiency is this?
2. How strong is this?
3. How easy/hard to cark this captcha?
4. Can we use this to high end applications?

Guys please suggest me for above line items or any this else there please let me know about django-simple-captcha, please explain me the pros and cons of django-simple-captcha. Thanks in advance.

ludovic coues

Jul 20, 2016, 6:02:26 AM7/20/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
This kind of captcha is easier for bot than it is for human.
This one is especially weak. Single font, Single color for the text.
And the more noise you add on the text, the harder it will be for
human.

https://github.com/ptigas/simple-captcha-solver is a basic tool for
solving these.

I strongly suggest recaptcha (
https://github.com/praekelt/django-recaptcha /
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/ ). This captcha is state of the art
and now, most human don't even have to decrypt symbol to get in. Fill
a checkbox, job done. If it fail, it fall back to a set of image and
asking the user what image have cookie, grass, bicycle or something
like that.
The experience for your user will be way better.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/58b761a7-98eb-4105-a469-2735f49a0be6%40googlegroups.com.

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
+336 148 743 42