Autoupdate

Saransh Mehta

Apr 14, 2014, 8:29:24 AM4/14/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I want some data to autoupdate on my homepage as more entries come into the database. It is more or less like the news feed feature of Facebook.
How do we do that?

Kakar Nyori

Apr 14, 2014, 8:32:56 AM4/14/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Ajax is the way to go. Or else, web sockets.

On Apr 14, 2014 5:59 PM, "Saransh Mehta" <saransh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want some data to autoupdate on my homepage as more entries come into the database. It is more or less like the news feed feature of Facebook.
How do we do that?

François Schiettecatte

Apr 14, 2014, 8:34:25 AM4/14/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi

You will need to either use <meta http-equiv="refresh" ...> in the <head> section of your html (ugly) or use javascript to poll the server for new data on a regular interval.

François

On Apr 14, 2014, at 8:29 AM, Saransh Mehta <saransh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want some data to autoupdate on my homepage as more entries come into the database. It is more or less like the news feed feature of Facebook.
> How do we do that?

signature.asc

Saransh Mehta

Apr 14, 2014, 9:57:43 AM4/14/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide me with some links on how to do that?

Ramón Carrillo

Apr 15, 2014, 4:21:24 AM4/15/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Basically, you need to get the data from the server using Ajax, and then modify the DOM to show the received data to the user.

The easiest way I know is using jQuery, a JavaScript library that will spare you some headaches. The get (or ajax) methods should help you.