Installation

Its Eternity

Jul 27, 2016, 5:05:02 AM7/27/16
to Django users
Hey, a friend recently wrote my a web-app for me to use however I am not sure how I deploy the web app onto my VPS. I've looked at the tutorials on Django but it says that  I can only use it for development. Is there a method for me to get Django for public use?

Julien Castets

Jul 27, 2016, 5:28:58 AM7/27/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Its Eternity <itseter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, a friend recently wrote my a web-app for me to use however I am not
> sure how I deploy the web app onto my VPS. I've looked at the tutorials on
> Django but it says that I can only use it for development. Is there a

Hi,

I created a Python image a while ago for Scaleway, a cloud computing
provider (https://www.scaleway.com/). To host a Django application on
Scaleway using this image, you need to:
* create an account
* start a new server, click on "choose image", use the "imagehub" tab
and select the "Python" image
* start the server and ssh into it

The /root/README.txt file explains how to create a Django application:

$> pip install django
$> cd /var/www
$> django-admin startproject my_django_project
$> ln -s /etc/nginx/sites-available/my_website /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
$> ln -s /etc/uwsgi/apps-available/my_django_project.ini
/etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/
$> service uwsgi restart
$> service nginx restart

More details on the image's github:
https://github.com/scaleway-community/scaleway-python/tree/master/overlay

Disclaimer: I work at Scaleway

Regards,
--
Julien Castets
+33 (0)6.85.20.10.03

Sergiy Khohlov

Jul 27, 2016, 7:41:12 AM7/27/16
to django-users

Take a look at https://jeffknupp.com/blog/2012/02/09/starting-a-django-project-the-right-way/ this is perfect doc related to your situation s.

27 лип. 2016 12:04 "Its Eternity" <itseter...@gmail.com> пише:
Hey, a friend recently wrote my a web-app for me to use however I am not sure how I deploy the web app onto my VPS. I've looked at the tutorials on Django but it says that  I can only use it for development. Is there a method for me to get Django for public use?

Luis Zárate

Jul 28, 2016, 9:53:39 AM7/28/16
to django...@googlegroups.com