main page have stopped work after creating poll app

Dmitry Sobolev

May 26, 2018, 8:00:04 AM5/26/18
to Django users
Hello guys!
I am doing 1st steps in Django.
Started 1st tutorial page 3 times from there and getting the same case each time.
After that, I created a working "poll app" that works under 127.0.0.1:8000/polls/
the main address stop working
where should I see the problem of this problem and make main page work both with "poll app"?
Thanks!

Dmitry Sobolev

May 26, 2018, 8:46:04 AM5/26/18
to Django users

if I comment this stroke in urls.py the main page begins to work but in this case I don't have an access to the polls app.

Julio Biason

May 28, 2018, 8:37:16 AM5/28/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitry,

Define "the main address stop working"? Do you mean it won't accept any other requests?

You should probably check the command line where you started "manage.py runserver". It should display a backtrace pointing to anything that went wrong.

Julio Biason, Sofware Engineer
AZION  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.
Office: +55 51 3083 8101  |  Mobile: +55 51 99907 0554

Florian Schweikert

May 28, 2018, 8:47:09 AM5/28/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
It seems you don't have a "main" page.
The page you saw was a placeholder starting page if there are no other
urls defined.
If you want to deliver something at / you have to add it to urls.py

PS: pasting screenshots of code is a very bad habit.

On 26/05/18 14:46, Dmitry Sobolev wrote:
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9lHCmQtIC3A/WwlWrbCUCxI/AAAAAAAAZIc/FLzBr-gbHVsbIwQyOBXRaHJnyaPAPQKJQCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-26%2Bat%2B3.44.00%2BPM.png>
>
> if I comment this stroke in urls.py the main page begins to work but in
> this case I don't have an access to the polls app.
>

> суббота, 26 мая 2018 г., 15:00:04 UTC+3 пользователь Dmitry Sobolev написал:
>
> Hello guys!
> I am doing 1st steps in Django.
> Started 1st tutorial page 3 times from there and getting the same
> case each time.
> After that, I created a working "poll app" that works under
> 127.0.0.1:8000/polls/ <http://127.0.0.1:8000/polls/>
> the main address stop working
> where should I see the problem of this problem and make main page
> work both with "poll app"?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/4d392683-e5c3-40fc-98f6-7a0d91e8fa8b%40googlegroups.com