Facebook login

Aram Jivanyan

Dec 5, 2013, 9:49:57 AM12/5/13
to django-so...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to create Facebook login application via django-social-auth and get the error
"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."
I see that this is common problem and according to the mainstream the problem is just using 127.0.0.0. address.
I editied my etc/hosts and set the URL as aram.dev however the problem exists still
What should I do?

Matías Aguirre

Dec 5, 2013, 10:08:03 AM12/5/13
to Aram Jivanyan, django-social-auth
What's the redirect value in your facebook app and the redirect_uri being sent?

Excerpts from Aram Jivanyan's message of 2013-12-05 12:49:57 -0200:
--
Matías Aguirre (matias...@gmail.com)

Boboc Sabin

Dec 7, 2013, 1:01:22 PM12/7/13
to django-so...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matias !
It is possible to use django-social-auth and tastypie together ? Do you know a good example. I have a mobile app(phonegap + angularjs) and I want to authentificate the users(facebook connect) to my website's api. Do you know a good resource for learning or something like this ? Thank you !

Matías Aguirre

Dec 7, 2013, 1:22:15 PM12/7/13
to Boboc Sabin, django-social-auth
Hi Boboc,

I don't have any example nor used Tastypie before, but I know from others that
it's possible, the trick is creating a custom view to do the auth process
instead of using the usual views. Basically you get the user access token by
other means, like using Facebook SDK, once you get the token you call your view
passing it, the view needs to call backend.do_auth().

Excerpts from Boboc Sabin's message of 2013-12-07 16:01:22 -0200:
--
Matías Aguirre (matias...@gmail.com)

Prince Arora

Dec 7, 2013, 1:31:42 PM12/7/13
to django-so...@googlegroups.com, Boboc Sabin
Hi Boboc,

I am using social auth and tastypie together. As Matias also pointed out, the key is to have a custom view, for social auth, which resides outside tastypie.

Prince Arora