Google OpenID 2.0 is being replaced by OpenID connect. What to do?

Tony França

Feb 17, 2015, 6:06:09 AM2/17/15
to django-so...@googlegroups.com
Google is saying that support for OpenID for OpenID 2.0 will be removed soon

I'm afraid this will break my website if I don't do anything - and maybe some of yours too? :-)

I'm still using django-social-auth==0.7.28 and I'm assuming part of the solution is to migrate to python-social-auth. Is this true?
Anyway, I opened an issue regarding that --> Is there a documented migration path from dsa to psa?

Once I done that, how can I migrate the already existing users on my database to use Google OpenID Connect?
I'm just a little lost about where to start.
If anyone can give me a few links to specific documentation that can answer those questions I feel I can find my way.

Thanks!

Matías Aguirre

Feb 17, 2015, 7:53:09 AM2/17/15
to Tony França, django-social-auth
This is the current guide about migrating from DSA to PSA:

http://psa.matiasaguirre.net/docs/configuration/porting_from_dsa.html

Excerpts from Tony França's message of 2015-02-17 09:06:09 -0200:

--
Matías Aguirre (matias...@gmail.com)

Tony França

Feb 17, 2015, 7:59:56 AM2/17/15
to django-so...@googlegroups.com, tonyl...@gmail.com
Thanks!

I think it would be a good idea to add this link on DSA readme page!

Cheers