URL wih dot in Django Rest Framework

Bernardo Garcia

Jan 10, 2017, 6:58:06 PM1/10/17
to Django REST framework
I have the following model with a primary_key=True specified:

class Team(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(
        max_length=64,
        primary_key=True,
    )
    ... other fields

When I serialize this model, I do the following:

class TeamSerializer(serializers.ModelSerializer):
   class Meta:
        model = Team
        fields = ('url', 'name',) # and another fields

My viewset:

class TeamViewSet(viewsets.ModelViewSet):
    lookup_value_regex = '[-\w.]'
    queryset = Team.objects.all()
    serializer_class = TeamSerializer
    filter_fields = ('name',) # and another fields

My urls.py:

router = routers.DefaultRouter()
router.register(r'teams', TeamViewSet)

urlpatterns = [
    url(r'^api/', include(router.urls)),

    # I am not sure if this url is right. I repeat of include(router.urls)
    url(r'^api/teams/(?P<name>[-\w.]+)/', include(router.urls)),

    url(r'^api-auth/', include('rest_framework.urls', namespace='rest_framework'))
]

Then, when I create a Team object with name attribute containing dot ., for example Latinos F.C. and I go to the rest url, I get:

I am not sure about of how to use the lookup_value_regex attribute in my viewset. In this answer is used with some basic regex, but if I use it, any Team object is reachable via my serialized Rest API.

How to can I get a url like as: /api/teams/Name.F.C. in my serialized Team model?

Xavier Ordoquy

Jan 11, 2017, 4:15:40 AM1/11/17
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
This is similar to issue #4341