Use SchemaGenerator with custom views

Claudio Catterina

Aug 24, 2016, 6:36:25 AM8/24/16
to Django REST framework
Hi,
I'm used to document my api with django-rest-swagger 0.3.* and now i'm trying to migrate to version 2 and django-rest-framework 3.4+.
With the previous version i could specify parameters type, parameters description and the structure of expected response by using docstring, this was really usefull for me also because many of my views are not linked to a serializer.
Now with DRF 3.4, SchemaGenerator seems to work fine only with views that are associated with a serializer and it seems to me that the only way to adapt the schema to my views is to define it fully with a coreapi document.
But if i do this i loose very usefull comments on top of each of my view and i have to redefine all in another place.
There is another way to do that?