Add support for lists in HTML input

James Beith

Nov 1, 2015, 3:29:13 PM11/1/15
to Django REST framework
The forms API, allowing serializers to be rendered as HTML forms, is great. Is there the intention to add support for lists in HTML input too? The `list_fieldset.html` is included which states in the docs is for "`ListField` or nested serializer with `many=True`" but currently the template just renders "Lists are not currently supported in HTML input." Many thanks.

Tom Christie

Nov 1, 2015, 4:32:03 PM11/1/15
to Django REST framework
Yup. We do have a syntax that simulates list inputs via html, but don't currently have the templates to support it.
That'll certainly be planned for 3.4. Alternatively you could have a look into providing the template yourself.

James Beith

Nov 1, 2015, 4:44:48 PM11/1/15
to Django REST framework
Thanks Tom, I'll investigate that.

Ata Mahjoubfar

Jan 8, 2017, 6:00:05 PM1/8/17
to Django REST framework
Are there any plans for html input lists in form template packs? I am using version 3.5, and it still cannot render a nested serializer with `many=True`.

xord...@linovia.com

Jan 9, 2017, 3:46:05 AM1/9/17
to django-res...@googlegroups.com
Hi

It's still work in progress as low priority.

Regards,
Xavier Ordoquy,
Linovia

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Ata Mahjoubfar

Jan 9, 2017, 6:33:49 AM1/9/17
to Django REST framework
Thanks Xavier. I'm looking forward to it.