Change django oscar to marketplace.

Musto Hary

May 30, 2018, 5:21:23 AM5/30/18
to django-oscar
With minimum knowledge and a little spirit, I changed django-oscar as an e-commerce marketplace. To solve it I fork all the django-oscar apps, and change a lot of things on the model. To all my master in this group, what should I do to future development because of the many changes that make it difficult for others to understand my code?

Malion Hoxhallari

May 30, 2018, 5:50:03 AM5/30/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Can you please add thr link to your fork?

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Musto Hary

May 30, 2018, 11:13:20 PM5/30/18
to django-oscar
I save my repo in private mode, there is no space to add more members. May be that is my mistake I am never fork django-oscar repository. I am just read documentation and custom django-oscar like document says. Building your own shop --> Customising oscar

Stéphane Kanschine

May 31, 2018, 4:25:50 AM5/31/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hi !

Le mer. 30 mai, vers 20:13, Musto Hary exprimait :

> I save my repo in private mode, there is no space to add more members. May
> be that is my mistake I am never fork django-oscar repository. I am just
> read documentation and custom django-oscar like document says. *Building
> your own shop --> Customising oscar *

In your first message, you said that you fork all oscar app and now
you said that you follow the documentation that advise to overload
existing classes, call super() in each methods you want to customize,
implement custom strategy, etc.

If you fork django-oscar, you "just" have to pick the commits you've
maid upon the oscar code and put them in a separated django project.

If you have a separated django project and made custom oscar apps, you
have nothing to do :-)

Regards,
Stéphane