Buy 2 products from range A, get 50% off a product from range B

Markus Bertheau

Jul 8, 2014, 12:14:38 PM7/8/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there's an example in the offers documentation at http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ref/apps/offer.html#examples:

Buy 2 Lonely Planet books, get £5 off a Lonely Planet DVD
  1. Create a range for Lonely Planet books and another for Lonely Planet DVDs
  2. Use a count-based condition linking to the book range with a value of 2
  3. Use a fixed discount benefit that links to the DVD range and has a value of 5.
Afaics, doing this if I buy 3 LP books, I can get two discounted LP DVDs. The reason is that after the Benefit consumed the discounted item (the first DVD), the Condition then reduces the number of lines it consumes by the number of lines the benefit already consumed. Thus, only one LP book is consumed, leaving 2 unconsumed ones. A second application of the offer will succeed.

I stumbled upon this thinking what it means for an offer not to consume items. One way to fix the above problem might be to track condition and offer consumptions separately.

Markus

David Winterbottom

Jul 15, 2014, 10:52:54 AM7/15/14
to django-oscar
I can't recreate this issue - I wrote a test to verify but it passed:

Am I missing something?

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

David Winterbottom
Technical Director

Tangent Snowball
84-86 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7NR
England, UK

BugSpencer

Apr 14, 2015, 5:52:58 AM4/14/15
to django...@googlegroups.com, david.win...@tangentlabs.co.uk
Il giorno martedì 15 luglio 2014 16:52:54 UTC+2, David Winterbottom ha scritto:
I can't recreate this issue - I wrote a test to verify but it passed:
Am I missing something?

I've been hit by this issue using latest master, so I can confirm it *IS* an issue.

Any chance offer refactor will be merged into master?