Purchase items on another user's behalf

wielliam tell

Jun 25, 2015, 6:12:29 AM6/25/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
what would be a list of things that I would need to modify to allow another user to purchase items on another user's behalf?

Bashar

Jun 25, 2015, 11:00:39 AM6/25/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
you mean checking out and putting other user's email in the checkout process and the order will be placed in his account but you checked out as guest and paid for the order?

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

wielliam tell

Jun 25, 2015, 3:12:27 PM6/25/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
user 1 starts an order by placing items in a basket and then user 2 finishes the order by entering their payment details and placing the order.
in your scenario the user that buys the items would have no indication on their account that they made the order. I would set it up in such a way that the user which receives the items was the one who created the basket of items or a wishlist and that both users know about the order. but what would be a good way to let the user paying for the items get a hold of the items which the other user will receive. Should I use the receiver's wishlist or copy the receiver's basket somehow