Point of sale integration ?

Dennis W

Jul 12, 2016, 9:34:12 PM7/12/16
to django-oscar
Has anyone tried or know if it's possible to integrate something like Square pos with django-oscar so that they both use the same inventory ? I guess it could be Stripe pos also ? Just really looking for a way to have a Point of Sale system use the same inventory as django-oscar. Thanks.

Bashar

Jul 12, 2016, 9:40:37 PM7/12/16
to django...@googlegroups.com

We did integrate Oscar with VendHQ API to real time two way sync in the past. (some elements aren't real time like product names, description but inventory is)

What would you like to know more in this regard? Just the inventory?

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Dennis W

Jul 12, 2016, 9:50:46 PM7/12/16
to django-oscar
Yes that's exactly what i'm looking to do. So you had everything syncing ? the descriptions and everything ? How would i go about doing this or where would I start ? If I could get the inventory syncing for now that would be great but if I could get it to where anything that is added to the oscar inventory is added to the POS inventory(or vice versa) that would be optimal. Thanks for your help.

Bashar

Jul 13, 2016, 4:50:15 AM7/13/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dennis,
As the client we did the project for had a physical store and using VendHQ's iPad app for selling products we made it as follows:
A) Two way sync:
-Product name, Description text etc..
- Inventory deduction (when buying products it minus them from both ends)

B) One way sync
- When adding inventory on VendHQ Oscar pulls the updates
- Whatever increments of number of items we only pull from VendHQ so we don't overwrite real quantity which comes only from VendHQ

and these sync processes runs using cronjobs every 1 minute to update quantities and every 15 minutes to sync descriptions/products etc..

the only risk i see here that a sale happens within the 60-0 seconds window from selling an item online or on store (iPad POS) which we didn't find it happening due the slow traffic on site/shop