Is there a recommendation engine that can be easily used with Oscar?

Noel Martin Llevares

Jul 13, 2015, 5:28:34 AM7/13/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Has anyone successfully implemented a product recommendation system with Oscar? I'm looking for pointers, tips, etc.

Noel

John P

Jul 13, 2015, 4:17:30 PM7/13/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I use elaticsearch's "more like this" functionality.

Do you have any specific requirements?

John

Noel Martin Llevares

Jul 13, 2015, 11:34:14 PM7/13/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion. I could definitely use that.

Other things I need are some machine learning stuff like recommending items that has more likes or more orders placed.

Noel

Jonathan Moss

Jul 14, 2015, 7:16:26 PM7/14/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Noel,

How about easyrec (http://easyrec.org/)? I'm not sure how actively it is
being developed at present but:

1) It is freely a available open source recommendation engine
2) I had had it up and running in production for a couple of years
without issue
3) Already fully integrated with Oscar :
https://github.com/snowball-one/django-oscar-easyrec

If you do give it a try and run into any issues just give me a shout, I
wrote the Oscar integration so should be able to to answer and questions
you have.

Regards,
Jon
> --
> https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
> http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
> https://twitter.com/django_oscar
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-oscar/2c7057e5-f5e8-4350-b524-68d45bba0d90%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-oscar/2c7057e5-f5e8-4350-b524-68d45bba0d90%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jonathan Moss
Director

Snowball One
Sydney
39-47 Albany Street
Crows Nest, NSW 2095

Melbourne
10 Studley Street
Abbotsford, VIC 3067

ABN: 76 137 883 615

T: +61 (0) 3 8560 4477
M: +61 (0) 4 1525 1208
E: jm...@snowballone.com.au

Jonathan Moss

Jul 14, 2015, 7:20:46 PM7/14/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
I take back the bit about active development - they have been making
commits to the dev branch pretty recently.

Regards,
Jon

Web Architect

Jul 14, 2016, 9:58:08 AM7/14/16
to django-oscar
Hi Jon,

We have an ecommerce site deployment based on Oscar. We are using oscar-1.2.1. I have been looking for recommendation engines and came across django-oscar-easyrec. I am not sure if the latest verion of oscar easyrec is compatible with oscar 1.2.1 or not. I am facing compilation issues like 'ProductImage' object has no attribute 'thumbnail_url' at easyrec/receivers.py in on_product_view, line 40.

Is there a way to resolve the above?  Would appreciate your support.

Thanks.