[Errno 111] Connection refused. Registering a new customer.

David Blake

Sep 4, 2014, 6:51:58 AM9/4/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I came across this problem while working locally  trying to register a new customer. I think I've fixed it, but include it here in case it helps somebody else. If more experienced Oscar people see that I've done the wrong thing, please let us know. The error is:
error at /accounts/login/ [Errno 111] Connection refused

Request Method: POST

Request URL: http://127.00.00.1:8000/accounts/login/?next=/checkout/

Django Version: 1.6.6

Exception Type: error

Exception Value: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Exception Location: /usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py in create_connection, line 571

The traceback then points to places like here: /python2.7/site-packages/oscar/apps/customer/utils.py in send_user_email_messages that are evidently part of the email setup. There were a few solutions mentioned in the google group docs. This one doesn't work (the 'oscar.apps.customer.auth_backends.Emailbackend' spelling is correct), but this one does, so the solution, for me, was to add:

EMAIL_BACKEND = 'django.core.mail.backends.console.EmailBackend'

into the settings.py
. Hope that helps somebody.

OpenMinded

Feb 8, 2015, 7:57:18 PM2/8/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Dear David,

Thank you very much, it did help a lot.

Jasmeet Singh

Oct 24, 2015, 5:45:16 AM10/24/15
to django-oscar
Thanks it really solved my problem.I wasted many hours for this solution

Brandon Hill-Lomax

Dec 30, 2015, 10:16:30 PM12/30/15
to django-oscar
Thank you so much. Fix my problem!

Muhammad Karimov

Apr 15, 2016, 9:05:55 AM4/15/16
to django-oscar
Thanks It is working great

Eve Pokua

Dec 14, 2016, 9:32:08 AM12/14/16
to django-oscar
Thank you. That helps

Regards

MOSTSELFISHMAN

Jun 7, 2017, 3:20:25 PM6/7/17
to django-oscar
Excellent! Thank you so much!

huy hoàng nguyễn hà

Oct 9, 2018, 10:06:53 AM10/9/18
to django-oscar
Thank you so much, this fixed error when register customer in django oscar.

Vào 17:51:58 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 04 tháng 9 năm 2014, David Blake đã viết: