Sandbox Trouble

Kareem Hart

Oct 21, 2017, 11:06:12 AM10/21/17
to django-oscar
I'm sort of new to oscar and i would like to see how the sandbox is setup. I've tried to request an dashboard login but no email was sent (i've tried 5 different emails about 10+ times each over the course of a week). I've tried to run the sandbox locally but when I ran it, it was a blank version of oscar.

This doesn't quite seem to work on windows since the make command doesn't exist on windows nor is there a similar command.
All I want to do is view the sandbox to get a overall view of what is needed and how things are suppose to be setup. I'm really considering switching to linux just to view the sandbox.

  1. $ git clone https://github.com/django-oscar/django-oscar.git
  2. $ cd django-oscar
  3. $ virtualenv oscar
  4. $ source ./oscar/bin/activate
  5. (oscar) $
  6. (oscar) $ make sandbox
  7. (oscar) $ sandbox/manage.py runserver

Samir Shah

Oct 21, 2017, 10:24:53 PM10/21/17
to django-oscar
There is something wrong with email sending on the deployed sandbox. Unfortunately I don't have access to that server to be able to investigate - not sure who does.

Your best bet it running it locally. It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to get it working on Windows. I'd suggest you just set up a virtual machine (e.g., with virtual box) that is running ubuntu and the make command will do the rest.