Cannot enter country information during the checkout on demo site

Bing Liu

Apr 9, 2014, 2:48:11 AM4/9/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I recently installed django-oscar demo in my local machine and tried to play with it. The demo is running successfully. So far everything is good except for the shipping address page during the check out process. There is no country field in this page. From postcode validating, I believe it's using 'UNITED KINGDOM' as default country. The same issue happens on the public demo site: http://demo.oscarcommerce.com. Could anyone tell me if this a configuration issue or a bug in system?

Thanks,
Bing

BugSpencer

Apr 9, 2014, 6:30:34 AM4/9/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
You have to enable more shipping countries using admin site.
It's stated somewhere in oscar docs, but can't find it right now.

BugSpencer

Apr 9, 2014, 8:44:51 AM4/9/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
They say you can edit fixture countries.json before importing it, but i'm sure you can do it even after that step, just like I've done myself several times.

David Winterbottom

Apr 9, 2014, 4:27:35 PM4/9/14
to django-oscar
To be clear: the default behaviour of Oscar is to hide the country field in the shipping address form if there is only one available for shipping.  The logic is here:

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

David Winterbottom