Re: [django-oscar] Buy 10 and take 12 (promotion with coupon code)

David Winterbottom

Apr 11, 2014, 4:56:06 PM4/11/14
to django-oscar

On 6 April 2014 02:33, Alessandro Reichert <alessandr...@ciopartner.com.br> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've another question regarding discount coupon.

We've the following scenario: I have one product that if the customer buy the quantity of 10 items, he/she will take 12 (2 free items). What is the best approach to configure this scenario having in mind that this can only be valid using a coupon code?

​That is tricky. I've not encountered a multibuy offer that gives more than one product for free. This is the default in Oscar which supports a benefit of type "Multibuy" which gives the cheapest product for free:

You could create an offer, which is "buy 6, get 1 free" which would also lead to "buy 12, get 2 free" but that might not be what you want. Another option is to create a custom benefit type - docs here: http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/howto/how_to_create_a_custom_benefit.html

Thanks,
Alessandro.

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar