Best PaaS hosting option for Oscar

Aaron Kim

Aug 26, 2016, 3:14:12 AM8/26/16
to django-oscar
I'd like to find out the best(or least troublesome) PaaS hosting option for Oscar. Can you please share your experience? I am currently considering Azure WebApp. Anybody tried this one with Oscar?

Eugene Kirillov

Aug 26, 2016, 4:15:49 AM8/26/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i have really bad experience using Azure as PaaS, IaaS provider.. there is a couple of reasons to do not use it:
1. Expensive, expensive, expensive !
2. Windowsish -> HyperV running Linux VMs for me sound wired and I’m 100% sure low performance.
I did some performance testing and latency of their SSD storage and steal time of CPU was 2-4 times higher then with Amazon(It’s expensive too, but more fair to the clients)

The things with Azure might change.

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Aaron Kim

Aug 26, 2016, 7:24:45 AM8/26/16
to django-oscar
Thanks for your input, Eugene. I am aware that running VM on any IaaS environment can be quite expensive. However, PaaS is a different story. Have you used WebApp as a part of its Azure App Service offering? WebApp is certainly different with running VM and shall be a lot cheaper. Is your experience with IaaS or PaaS?