sandbox broken?

Stéphane Kanschine

Jul 8, 2014, 8:06:31 AM7/8/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Oscar seems to be a great project, so i give it a try for a project.

I follow both release-0.7¹ and latest² "Running the sandbox locally"
documentations with four Python 2.7 and 3.2 different virtualenv.

make sandbox tracebacks with Python 3.2.

With Python 2.7, for both oscar versions, logged as default
supe...@example.com, i can't add a product in the dashboard,
/en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/products/create/ redirects to
/en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/ and display a message "Please choose a
product type". I chose a product type of course, debug is True, no
traceback, i cannot see easily what's the problem.

I searched this group and github issues and found nothing related. Am
i missing something ?

¹ http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/releases-0.7/internals/sandbox.html#running-the-sandbox-locally
² http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/internals/sandbox.html#run-the-sandbox-locally

Best regards,
Stéphane K alias carxwol

Maik Hoepfel

Jul 11, 2014, 9:40:10 AM7/11/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephane,

> Oscar seems to be a great project, so i give it a try for a project.

Glad to hear :)

> I follow both release-0.7¹ and latest² "Running the sandbox locally"
> documentations with four Python 2.7 and 3.2 different virtualenv.
>
> make sandbox tracebacks with Python 3.2.

3.2 won't be supported. We have plans to add support for 3.3 and 3.4.

> With Python 2.7, for both oscar versions, logged as default
> supe...@example.com, i can't add a product in the dashboard,
> /en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/products/create/ redirects to
> /en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/ and display a message "Please choose a
> product type". I chose a product type of course, debug is True, no
> traceback, i cannot see easily what's the problem.

I can't exactly recreate your problem. You won't be able to go do
/en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/products/create/ directly, as you need a
product class. Where did you get the link from?

/en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/products/create/book/ should work in the
sandbox. But really, the usual path is to go to
en-gb/dashboard/catalogue/, select a product "type" in the "Create new
product" section and then click "+ New product".

Please let me know how you get on.

- Maik