rental logic with django-oscar

Max

Aug 30, 2015, 8:45:52 AM8/30/15
to django-oscar

Hello,

I’m trying to create property rental website. I need to grab rental dates  from customer and based on these dates calculate the total price for his reservation.

Further, property owner have to confirm(from his dashboard) reservation and only after this customer is allowed to pay.

I’m very new to oscar. I read some docs, but it is still unclear to me where to start and how my business logic should be implemented with oscar.

So any hints highly appreciated. :)

How may I grab check-in dates from product details page?

What model is the best place to store these dates?

Thanks!

David Winterbottom

Sep 6, 2015, 4:47:03 PM9/6/15
to django-oscar
So your domain is a little removed from normal e-commerce - you're certainly going to need some custom models to capture everything that is going on.

You will need to customise the product detail page (or create your own one) so that you capture the rental date information and anything else you need to calculate the price. You could then use a custom pricing strategy to determine the appropriate price. I suspect you will need to write a bespoke "add to basket" flow to get the user experience right - your site is too far removed from regular ecommerce for the default Oscar views to be right.

In terms of models, I would look to creating a custom "reservation" model that captures all relevant information and then linking to that from the basket/order line.

Hope that's useful.

Thanks!

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

mykl john

Jul 10, 2017, 10:20:55 PM7/10/17
to django-oscar
Hi, did you every get Oscar working for rentals?  I'd love some input.