Best practice suggestion for custom migrations (starting at 0100)

vdb...@edoburu.nl

Apr 10, 2014, 6:09:27 AM4/10/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While experimenting with custom migrations, I ran into the difficulties of upgrading Oscar.
However, it turns out if you start your custom migrations at a higher number (say 0100, 0101, etc..),
South will happily execute any newly added migrations when you upgrade Oscar.

Hence my suggestion, would it be an idea to mention this in the documentation?

Thanks in advance,
Diederik

Maik Hoepfel

Apr 10, 2014, 9:58:34 AM4/10/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diederik,

I'm afraid it's not as easy as that. I'm pretty sure that when you
upgrade Oscar, South will not run any new Oscar migrations because
they're hidden by your custom migrations with the higher migration number.

Cheers,

Maik