demo site without spatial database

Annamalai Palaniappan

May 16, 2015, 1:53:53 PM5/16/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to setup the demo site of the django osar without a spatial database. Somehow i am unable to create a postgis database. What needs to be changed to setup the demo site also to run like sanbox?

LG
Annamalai

Michael van Tellingen

May 16, 2015, 2:24:18 PM5/16/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The demo depends on django-oscar-stores. This package requires postgis, but I am in favour for making this optional  :-)

Regards,
Michael

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Annamalai Palaniappan

May 16, 2015, 2:31:54 PM5/16/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks. I tried to build a new store (frobshop) following the tutorial in the documentation. I wanted to add the product catalogue going to the dashboard but i cannot do that. I get a error Template does not exist. The dashboard url requires authentication and the template for it is not found.

 I assume that it should come from this line in urls.py
from oscar.app import application

What should be done to get into the dashboard ?

Regards
Annamalai