Show Shipping Tab in Dashboard

Andres Douglas

Feb 3, 2015, 8:48:09 PM2/3/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Splitting this off into its own thread.

Trying to get WeightBased shipping working. I forked the shipping app and made a custom repository like the one mentioned above, but with a FixedPrice method.

class Repository(repository.Repository):

    def get_available_shipping_methods(self, basket, user=None, shipping_addr=None, request=None, **kwargs):
        shipping_methods = [methods.FixedPrice(charge_excl_tax=D("5.00"))]
        shipping_methods.extend(list(models.WeightBased.objects.all()))
        return shipping_methods

The fixed price shows up at checkout (and I can create a Weight Based Shipping Method in the django admin), but I can't get the WeightBased methods to show up in the Dashboard. What do I need to do to get them to show up?

David Winterbottom

Feb 4, 2015, 1:17:36 PM2/4/15
to django-oscar
You need to add an extra node to the OSCAR_DASHBOARD_NAVIGATION setting - something like:

OSCAR_DASHBOARD_NAVIGATION[1]['children'].append({
    'label': 'Shipping',
    'url_name': 'dashboard:shipping-method-list'
})

​You mean you want the dashboard for administering WeightBased shipping methods in Oscar's mailing list? ​

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Message has been deleted

Andres Douglas

Feb 4, 2015, 6:01:15 PM2/4/15
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 10:17:36 AM UTC-8, David Winterbottom wrote:
You need to add an extra node to the OSCAR_DASHBOARD_NAVIGATION setting - something like:

OSCAR_DASHBOARD_NAVIGATION[1]['children'].append({
    'label': 'Shipping',
    'url_name': 'dashboard:shipping-method-list'
})
Awesome, that was it.

On 4 February 2015 at 01:48, Andres Douglas <i.andres...@gmail.com> wrote:
Splitting this off into its own thread.

Trying to get WeightBased shipping working. I forked the shipping app and made a custom repository like the one mentioned above, but with a FixedPrice method.

class Repository(repository.Repository):

    def get_available_shipping_methods(self, basket, user=None, shipping_addr=None, request=None, **kwargs):
        shipping_methods = [methods.FixedPrice(charge_excl_tax=D("5.00"))]
        shipping_methods.extend(list(models.WeightBased.objects.all()))
        return shipping_methods

The fixed price shows up at checkout (and I can create a Weight Based Shipping Method in the django admin), but I can't get the WeightBased methods to show up in the Dashboard. What do I need to do to get them to show up?

​You mean you want the dashboard for administering WeightBased shipping methods in Oscar's mailing list?
Yes, I did want to administer the WeightBased shipping methods from the Oscar dashboard, but not sure about the mailing list part

YusufSalahAdDin

Aug 18, 2016, 4:53:07 PM8/18/16
to django-oscar
Thank you very much!