Oscar result template query the database

Majirus FANSI

Apr 29, 2016, 6:04:00 AM4/29/16
to django-oscar
Hi All,

In Oscar template results.html, we have the following  snippet:
{% for result in page.object_list %}
                        <li class="col-xs-6 col-sm-4 col-md-3 col-lg-3">{% render_product result.object %}</li>
                    {% endfor %}

If I am not misunderstanding, the fragment {% render_product result.object %} queries the database.

To me the result after a search from the index must display only informations indexed and stored in the index. Then when the user selects an entry, then the detail is displayed with the help of the DB.

Could anyone please explain why with Oscar the results page requires to hit the database? Does one here has yet circumvent this behavior?

Thank you so much to all for any hint.
Regards