Add a non oscar's app to the oscar

Virgilio Oliveira

Nov 18, 2015, 4:40:52 AM11/18/15
to django-oscar
HI,
I am new at using Oscar and I want to know if it possible to create a app, that it is not a oscar app, and add it to the Oscar admin and to be used in the Oscar Frontend, for exemple.

I want to create an app to create a one page Order and send it to an ERP or an app with no connection with Oscar app but using the Backend and Frontend of the OScar.

It is possible?

Virgilio Oliveira

Nov 20, 2015, 8:26:20 AM11/20/15
to django-oscar
It is possible to add new apps with different functionalities to the Oscar without forking an oscar app?

Thank you.

femi ogundayo

Nov 20, 2015, 8:40:13 AM11/20/15
to django-oscar
are you talking about creating your own app and adding to oscar or customizing the already existing oscar apps? It is possible to create your own app and add it to the oscar app all you need to do is add it to the installed apps in settings then after that if you want add it to the oscar dashboard. If this is what you want i can send you the code to do that

Virgilio Oliveira

Nov 20, 2015, 12:33:25 PM11/20/15
to django-oscar
Hi,
I want to create my own app and use it at the frontend and backend using the the oscar's template and the oscar's user management functionality.
If you can send me the code I will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Virgilio Oliveira

Nov 24, 2015, 11:03:00 AM11/24/15
to django-oscar
Hi,
as you said "It is possible to create your own app and add it to the oscar app all you need to do is add it to the installed apps in settings then after that if you want add it to the oscar dashboard."
can you send me the code todo this?
Thank you in advance.

femi ogundayo

Nov 24, 2015, 11:12:06 AM11/24/15
to django-oscar
That is the code for adding it to the dashboard

OSCAR_DASHBOARD_NAVIGATION += [
    {
        'label': _('Store manager'),
        'icon': 'icon-map-marker',
        'children': [
            {
                'label': _('Stores'),
                'url_name': 'your-reverse-url-lookup-name',
            },
         ]
    },
]

everything you need to know is on this page
https://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/releases-1.1/howto/how_to_configure_the_dashboard_navigation.html

femi ogundayo

Nov 24, 2015, 11:14:07 AM11/24/15
to django-oscar
Note you have to write your own views, models and templates as well.it would be good if you could explain what kind of app you want to add to oscar that way i can break down the process to you.