Customer-selectable product properties

Кирилл Шаталаев

May 23, 2018, 3:16:55 AM5/23/18
to django-oscar
Hello.

I'm newbie in oscar, now I creating my own online coffie store.

What is the best way to implement some customer-selected product properties?

For example, I have some sorts of coffie bean and I want customer to have ability to select checkbox "grind it for me before shipping" while ordering.

Or ability to select packing type, for examble "plastic bag/paper bag"?

Is there a way to do it via product attributes?

Just now I do not need this properties to affect price, so I think it makes a task simpler a little.

Thanks.

Samir Shah

May 23, 2018, 10:55:35 PM5/23/18
to django-oscar
Hi,

The discussion here might be helpful to you: https://github.com/django-oscar/django-oscar/issues/2699

Oscar provides "product options" that let you store this kind of additional information when a product is added to basket - however you will need to modify the default form field in order to have say a checkbox or a dropdown.

The other alternative is to use variants - but this requires managing separate stock records for each variant.