Document selling

Eugene Kondrashev

Mar 23, 2015, 9:25:51 AM3/23/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi group,

I have a client that needs an ecommerce solution for document selling. The formats are pdf, docx, pptx and others.

The key feature is to allow to preview some part of a document for the user. Lets say 25%. And then propose to buy a document.

Could you please let me know if there is any oscar example that provides such a functionality?

Any hint on where to start would be much appreciated.

PS
I'm new to oscar, but do have experience working with django.

Thanks,
Eugene

David Winterbottom

Mar 25, 2015, 6:21:59 PM3/25/15
to django-oscar
On 23 March 2015 at 13:25, Eugene Kondrashev
<eugene.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I have a client that needs an ecommerce solution for document selling. The
> formats are pdf, docx, pptx and others.
>
> The key feature is to allow to preview some part of a document for the user.
> Lets say 25%. And then propose to buy a document.
>
> Could you please let me know if there is any oscar example that provides
> such a functionality?

I don't know of one. That kind of functionality is not really core
Oscar - you might find a general python example that helps.

Could you generate a preview version of each doc and serve that from
the product detail page?