Max global applicatios for Vouchers

Timo Steidle

Apr 10, 2014, 5:26:16 AM4/10/14
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

the usage of an offer can be capped via the max_global_applications attribute.
I wonder if there's already a way to limit the number of orders that can use a voucher. e.g. "The first 500 customers, that use the voucher 'NOSHIPPING', get free shipping."

I also noticed that the ConditionalOffers of a voucher won't be deleted if I delete the voucher. Is this on purpose?

Thanks for any information,
Timo

David Winterbottom

Apr 10, 2014, 5:30:34 PM4/10/14
to django-oscar
On 10 April 2014 10:26, Timo Steidle <buddhao...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

the usage of an offer can be capped via the max_global_applications attribute.
I wonder if there's already a way to limit the number of orders that can use a voucher. e.g. "The first 500 customers, that use the voucher 'NOSHIPPING', get free shipping."

​There isn't a way to restrict by number of orders, but you can get close by setting max_basket_applications=1 as well as max_global_applications=500. This means that an order can only use the offer once and hence 500 orders can use the offer. Does that suffice? ​

I also noticed that the ConditionalOffers of a voucher won't be deleted if I delete the voucher. Is this on purpose?

​Yes, I think so - although the justification is little weak.

Previously, Tangent have had clients who would use the same set of private offers to build vouchers - hence we didn't to delete offers when one of the vouchers was deleted.​ I don't think this kind of functionality is exposed in the dashboard right now but it is possible via the core model structure.

Thanks for any information,
Timo

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

David Winterbottom
Technical Director

Tangent Labs
84-86 Great Portland Street
London W1W 7NR
England, UK

Timo Steidle

Apr 22, 2014, 5:10:16 AM4/22/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
<david.win...@tangentlabs.co.uk>:

> On 10 April 2014 10:26, Timo Steidle <buddhao...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> the usage of an offer can be capped via the max_global_applications
>> attribute.
>> I wonder if there's already a way to limit the number of orders that can
>> use a voucher. e.g. "The first 500 customers, that use the voucher
>> 'NOSHIPPING', get free shipping."
>

> There isn't a way to restrict by number of orders, but you can get close by
> setting max_basket_applications=1 as well as max_global_applications=500.
> This means that an order can only use the offer once and hence 500 orders
> can use the offer. Does that suffice?

I'm afraid it doesn't. The max_global_applications does not work for vouchers,
it will be ignored. I think I have to overwrite the AbstractVoucher model to
implement a global applications limit.

>> I also noticed that the ConditionalOffers of a voucher won't be deleted if
>> I delete the voucher. Is this on purpose?
>

> Yes, I think so - although the justification is little weak.
>
> Previously, Tangent have had clients who would use the same set of private
> offers to build vouchers - hence we didn't to delete offers when one of the
> vouchers was deleted. I don't think this kind of functionality is exposed in
> the dashboard right now but it is possible via the core model structure.

Thanks for the information!