Reviews spam protection

Pavol Tkacik

Apr 11, 2014, 7:19:19 AM4/11/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

on our production site, based on oscar, recently spambot created 5 users which then were used for posting fake (133393) reviews. We use default oscar's reviews default system with OSCAR_ALLOW_ANON_REVIEWS = True and OSCAR_MODERATE_REVIEWS = False.
So my questions is, if there is any reasonable way to protect reviews from spambots while still allowing anonymous users to post reviews except captcha.

Thanks

Maik Hoepfel

Apr 11, 2014, 8:27:33 AM4/11/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we currently don't have any anti-spam measures. Tangent doesn't have
spam problems on any Oscar sites, hence we're lacking the real-world
experience. We expect users to implement anti-spam measures, and if a
good solution is found, we're happy to merge one.

Regards,

Maik
> --
> https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
> http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
> https://twitter.com/django_oscar
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-oscar/2221effc-8dd9-4562-8618-e2e0c838daef%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-oscar/2221effc-8dd9-4562-8618-e2e0c838daef%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Saint Germain

Apr 11, 2014, 8:37:19 AM4/11/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I proposed some months ago a honeypot field to prevent spam (search
the mailing-list).
Very easy to set up, non intrusive (invisible for human), and no
impact on performance. I have no idea how effective it is though.

Regards,