Problem on adding new translation

Bastien Roques

Oct 20, 2016, 8:54:39 AM10/20/16
to django-oscar
I followed this guide to translate some new expression in my code.

`makemessages` creates correctly the .po file with all my new expression but it doesn't inherit from the oscar translation. And my translations are not applied as well (even after `compilemessages`).

Could it be because I changed the oscar layout as following:

.
├── i18n
│   └── oscar -> /home/bastien/.virtualenvs/soloscar/lib/python3.5/site-packages/oscar
├── locale
│   └── fr
├── manage.py
├── README.md
├── requirements
│   ├── base.txt
│   └── local.txt
└── soloscar
    ├── apps
    ├── config
    ├── __init__.py
      ├── media
    ├── public
    ├── __pycache__
    └── templates

or is there something wrong with this guide?

Bastien Roques

Oct 20, 2016, 11:15:42 AM10/20/16
to django-oscar
A solution has been to copy the original django.po in my LOCALE_PATH before running makemessages. At least I've all the already done translation.

Finally, I wonder if it's not the right way to proceed (even if it's not in the guide).