DJUGL Feb 2012

Tom Christie

Feb 13, 2012, 10:19:51 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is running on Tues 21st...

https://djugl2011.eventwax.com/django-user-group-london-feb-2012

There's only one ticket available at the moment, but there might be others if peeps drop out.

Without wanting to sound like a bore, I do think it'd be helpful if it could also be announced either here, or on python-uk.

Personally I can't make this one, so it doesn't really matter to me, but I knew there was one coming up and still ended up missing the announcement.

Alen Mujezinovic

Feb 13, 2012, 10:22:52 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
> Without wanting to sound like a bore, I do think it'd be helpful if it could
> also be announced either here, or on python-uk.

+1 on announcing on the list.

Alen

--
http://twitter.com/flashingpumpkin
http://github.com/flashingpumpkin

Richard Barran

Feb 13, 2012, 10:36:08 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com

On 13 Feb 2012, at 15:19, Tom Christie wrote:

> Without wanting to sound like a bore, I do think it'd be helpful if it could also be announced either here, or on python-uk.

+1 from here too.
(signed by: another bore who tries to steer clear of Twitter).

Ben Phillips

Feb 13, 2012, 10:41:43 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Tom Christie <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Without wanting to sound like a bore, I do think it'd be helpful if it could
> also be announced either here, or on python-uk.

We're not involved in this one otherwise I would have announced it here.

Cheers,
Ben.

Anand Kumria

Feb 13, 2012, 10:41:52 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com, christ...@gmail.com
On 13 February 2012 15:19, Tom Christie <christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is running on Tues 21st...
>
> https://djugl2011.eventwax.com/django-user-group-london-feb-2012
>
> There's only one ticket available at the moment, but there might be others
> if peeps drop out.
>
> Without wanting to sound like a bore, I do think it'd be helpful if it could
> also be announced either here, or on python-uk.

Announcing it on a mailing list would not serve the interests of
Austin Fraser though.

“Don’t be sad because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

Andrew Godwin

Feb 13, 2012, 10:44:57 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com

Oh, who's behind it this time then? I entirely missed any news/twitters
about this one, but I guess being locked in a room writing backend code
does that to someone.

Andrew

Ben Phillips

Feb 13, 2012, 10:56:18 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Andrew Godwin <and...@aeracode.org> wrote:

> Oh, who's behind it this time then? I entirely missed any news/twitters
> about this one, but I guess being locked in a room writing backend code does
> that to someone.

Austin Fraser seem to be pulling the strings. It's being hosted at Poke.

Ben.

Tom Christie

Feb 13, 2012, 11:14:12 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Austin Fraser seem to be pulling the strings.

Thanks Ben, I'll drop Jon a note so it can go up here next time.

JonWebJobs

Feb 13, 2012, 11:43:52 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Firstly - sorry to those who've missed out on a ticket. If any are returned in the run up, I'll announce them here so non twitter users get a chance. Also, I'll have a word with the guys hosting who may be able to squeeze a few more people in. Unfortunately tickets just go so quickly wherever it's posted.

Tom - Thanks for pointing me towards the group should be useful for next time.

Ben - Thanks for announcing on the London Python twitter a/c - I was concious that last time people missed out and was going to ask where else you thought it would be worth posting.

Anand - the more people that come the better.

There's been such a good take up on the event and volunteers to speak and new potential hosts coming forward I'd be surprised if we couldn't arrange another for a moth or two's time rather than the usual 6 month gap.

Hope to see anyone who's going next week and everyone else at one of the others

Keep well

Jon

Tom Christie

Feb 13, 2012, 11:46:35 AM2/13/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jon.

I'd be surprised if we couldn't arrange another for a moth or two's time rather than the usual 6 month gap.

Big +1 to that.

JonWebJobs

Feb 15, 2012, 3:36:37 PM2/15/12
to DJUGL
Hi everyone,

A ticket has been returned and is now available through the eventwax
pages.

https://djugl2011.eventwax.com/django-user-group-london-feb-2012

Unfortunately it's there for the quickest to act.

Good Luck!

Jon

JonWebJobs

Feb 21, 2012, 9:27:02 AM2/21/12
to DJUGL
another ticket has just been returned.

https://djugl2011.eventwax.com/django-user-group-london-feb-2012

sign up now......

Jon

JonWebJobs

Feb 21, 2012, 11:02:32 AM2/21/12
to DJUGL

and another....

https://djugl2011.eventwax.com/django-user-group-london-feb-2012

We've also lost a speaker. If you want to come, have no ticket but
want to present there's a chance to do so.

If anyone who has got a ticket and wants to speak, you have 3 hours to
prepare something. please let me know asap.

Jon

tomviner

Feb 22, 2012, 10:57:23 AM2/22/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone (speakers, host & sponsors) for making DJUGL happen last night.

Really enjoyed the talks, be handy if the speakers could upload their slides somewhere. Personally I normally look on Lanyard

Tom