Lightening Talks at DJUGL

JonWebJobs

Oct 23, 2013, 7:30:17 AM10/23/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

At the last DJUGL in October there was a suggestion that next time we should have a night of lightening  talks.

Lots of people I’ve spoken to about this since have been really keen to do something so I’m trying to get a list of potential speakers confirmed as soon as possible.

I’ve been to a couple of lightening talk nights before and think that a strict 5 mins is a good time limit for each speaker with a few minutes of Q&A while the next person sets up.

The approx schedule would allow for around 14 mini talks (2/3 slides max) with plenty of time for chatting beforehand, in a quick break and afterwards.

20:00

20:08

20:16

20:24

20:32

20:40

20:48

20:56

Break

21:20

21:28

21:36

21:44

21:52

22:00

Please let me know if you would like to speak so I can start collating a list.

We will also need a venue that lends itself well to this sort of event. Please shout if you have any ideas.

I’m going to provide the usual Pizza/beers for the night so also keen to know numbers of people who would like to attend (this will also impact the venue we can use)

Dates wise, I was thinking either the 26th/27th November or 3rd/4th December. Is there anything else happening over those dates that would clash?

If anyone has any thoughts on anything raised, please let me know as I would happily take input on it.

Thanks

Jon