help installing

Rob

Apr 22, 2010, 6:44:11 AM4/22/10
to django-jython-dev
Hi,

I'm trying to get django-jython working under jetty. I just created
war with `jython manage.py war --shared-war` and copied it to the
jetty webapps dir, and I get this. Any ideas?

thanks,
Rob

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy.py", line
80, in service
self.exc_handler.handle(req, resp, wsgi_environ, mx, (typ, value,
tb) )
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy.py", line
76, in service
self.dispatch_to_application(req, resp, wsgi_environ)
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy.py", line
92, in dispatch_to_application
app_callable = self.get_app_object(req, environ)
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/
modjy_publish.py", line 63, in get_app_object
return self.get_app_object_old_style(req, environ)
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/
modjy_publish.py", line 115, in get_app_object_old_style
return self.load_object(source_filename, callable_name)
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/
modjy_publish.py", line 133, in load_object
self.raise_exc(ApplicationNotFound, "Application filename not
found: %s" % path)
File "/Users/rob/DevPackages/jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy.py", line
121, in raise_exc
raise exc_class(message)
modjy.modjy_exceptions.ApplicationNotFound: Application filename not
found: /private/var/folders/7E/7EADtPjfEMu4pw8fKXGk4k+++TI/-Tmp-/
Jetty_0_0_0_0_8080_encodia.war__encodia__cayqp3/webinf/application.py

at org.python.core.PyException.fillInStackTrace(PyException.java:70)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:181)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:29)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:32)
at org.python.core.PyException.<init>(PyException.java:46)
at org.python.core.PyException.doRaise(PyException.java:200)
at org.python.core.Py.makeException(Py.java:1166)
at modjy.modjy_exceptions$py.handle$23(/Users/rob/DevPackages/
jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy_exceptions.py:91)
at modjy.modjy_exceptions$py.call_function(/Users/rob/DevPackages/
jython2.5.1/Lib/modjy/modjy_exceptions.py)
at o

Josh Juneau

Apr 22, 2010, 9:12:21 AM4/22/10
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob-

Have you tried to just use 'jython manage.py war' to create the war file?  This works for me while deploying to both Tomcat and Glassfish...although I also include database drivers using the --include-java-libs flag.

Rob

Apr 22, 2010, 1:40:49 PM4/22/10
to django-jython-dev

On Apr 22, 9:12 pm, Josh Juneau <juneau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried to just use 'jython manage.py war' to create the war file?
>  This works for me while deploying to both Tomcat and Glassfish...although I
> also include database drivers using the --include-java-libs flag.

Yes, it creates a huge war dies with the same error. It seems like
it's looking for the file in WEBINF

filename not found: /private/var[...]qp3/webinf/application.py

but if I look in the .war file, I see application.py at the top level,
next to WEBINF.

Rob

Josh Juneau

Apr 22, 2010, 9:53:44 PM4/22/10
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Rob-

Sorry for the delay...busy day. Are you running on OSX? If not, which
OS are you running? Almost looks like a permissions issue. If you are
running on OSX or *NIX, you should run setup.py for both django 1.1
and django-jython using sudo. Did you do that?

Best

Josh Juneau
Application Developer
http://jythonbook.com

Rob

Apr 23, 2010, 10:28:23 PM4/23/10
to django-jython-dev
Yes, I'm running on OSX. I did not use sudo, because jython was in my
home directory. But I just reinstalled jython, django, and django-
jython under sudo... same error.

I'm giving up on this for now, and going back CPython. Django is new
to me too, so I'll focus on that and think about switching to Java
later.

take care,
Rob

On Apr 23, 9:53 am, Josh Juneau <juneau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob-
>
> Sorry for the delay...busy day. Are you running on OSX?  If not, which
> OS are you running?  Almost looks like a permissions issue. If you are
> running on OSX or *NIX, you should run setup.py for both django 1.1
> and django-jython using sudo. Did you do that?
>
> Best
>
> Josh Juneau
> Application Developerhttp://jythonbook.com

Josh Juneau

Apr 24, 2010, 12:04:54 AM4/24/10
to django-j...@googlegroups.com
Rob-

Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend that you install Tomcat and try
deploying there. You may also benefit from looking at chapter 14 of
the jython book. Leo does a nice job of getting readers up and running
quickly with django on jython in that chapter.

Best

Josh Juneau
Application Developer
http://jythonbook.com

Leo Soto M.

Apr 24, 2010, 2:50:48 PM4/24/10
to django-jython-dev
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Josh Juneau <june...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob-
>
> Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend that you install Tomcat and try deploying
> there. You may also benefit from looking at chapter 14 of the jython book.

Rob, just in case you don't know: You can read the chapter online:
http://jythonpodcast.hostjava.net/jythonbook/en/1.0/JythonDjango.html

Regards and hope to have you back in Jython-land soon,
--
Leo Soto M.
http://blog.leosoto.com