#24483 fix breaks dynamic choices

Marcin Nowak

May 14, 2018, 11:01:03 AM5/14/18
Hi.

Fix of #24483 breaks possibility to declare dynamic choices for model's fields.
I read the ticket and I understand the initial problem, but it was used frequently to support dynamic choices.

Now we have always consistent but static choices, tests are passing, migrations have consistent choices list (never used, but they are there), but we lost an important functionality.

It would be nice to bring back previous behaviour and fix the problem on the migrations/keepdb side, not in models.

BR,

Marcin Nowak

Aug 14, 2018, 9:42:54 AM8/14/18
BUMP

Carlton Gibson

Aug 14, 2018, 10:05:36 AM8/14/18

It's not clear from your OP what you mean by "dynamic choices" (I can still provide a callable; is that not "dynamic"?)

Your best bet it to draw up a reproducible example (or even better a test case) of exactly the behaviour that used to work but now doesn't.
I'd suggest putting that in a new Trac ticket referencing #24483.

Then we've got something concrete to go on.

Kind Regards,

Carlton