forcing a name for a sqlite in memory shared cache test db

Riccardo Magliocchetti

Oct 5, 2015, 9:55:14 AM10/5/15
to django-d...@googlegroups.com, Andriy Sokolovskiy
Hello Andriy, all,

i need to being able to reference a sqlite3 shared in memory test database from
an outside process (a shell script calling django loaddata) during tests of a
django app. I don't care really about being in memory but using a sqlite disk db
i get locked error even with 20 seconds timeouts.

Looking at the code in db.backends.sqlite3.creation.DatabaseCreation it looks
like for some reason it has been disabled since handling of shared cache db has
been added in 8c99b792. Does anybody know why?

thanks in advance

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken

http://menodizero.it

Tim Graham

Oct 5, 2015, 12:56:49 PM10/5/15
to Django developers (Contributions to Django itself), soka...@yandex.ru
I guess this is probably a use case that wasn't considered when writing that patch. Feel free to submit a pull request.

Riccardo Magliocchetti

Oct 5, 2015, 1:30:46 PM10/5/15
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tim,

Il 05/10/2015 18:56, Tim Graham ha scritto:
> I guess this is probably a use case that wasn't considered when writing that
> patch. Feel free to submit a pull request.

Pull request opened here:
https://github.com/django/django/pull/5395

Problem now is i need this thing working in Django 1.8 :)

thanks

Florian Apolloner

Oct 6, 2015, 4:01:35 AM10/6/15

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:30:46 PM UTC+2, riccardo.magliocchetti wrote:
Problem now is i need this thing working in Django 1.8 :)

That is most likely not gonna happen given our policies…