soft deadline to guarantee a patch review for 1.9

Tim Graham

Aug 29, 2015, 2:00:52 PM8/29/15
I have been able to knock down the "Patches needing review" queue [1] to about 10 tickets (excluding my own) and would like to make an offer:

If anyone submits a patch that makes a good effort to meet the patch review checklist requirements [2] by Friday, September 4, I will do my best to give it a review so it has a chance to make it into 1.9 alpha on September 21. Patches from anyone helping to review other patches (using the aforementioned checklist) will be given priority (remember that anyone can review patches, not just members of the Django team). Please ensure you have set the flags on the Trac ticket appropriately so that it appears in the "Patches needing review" queue [1]. This offer doesn't apply to large features that aren't already started or on the roadmap for 1.9.

Happy coding and, more importantly, reviewing!

p.s. I curated a list of a few tickets that have been started and should be relatively straightforward to complete, but seem to be abandoned by their original authors after I gave an initial review [3]. I'll work on adding to the list if the existing items are claimed.

[1] http://dashboard.djangoproject.com/
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-code/submitting-patches/#patch-review-checklist
[3] https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/LittleEasyImprovements