Question on documentation (new contributor)

Israel Fermin Montilla

Sep 10, 2017, 9:09:59 AM9/10/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys!

I'm a new guy who wants to help and contribute to Django.

I'm taking care of this ticket
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28539, it has to do with
documentation, the person who submitted it added a patch already.

He added some documentation to the Remote User Authentication page
(https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/howto/auth-remote-user/)
mentioning that the custom request header `REMOTE_USER` needs to
actually be `Remote-User` because of what's mentioned here:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/ad524980ac9644d5d40c2c79af3c183f4351841e/docs/ref/request-response.txt#L164

I think it is a valid suggestion as I've seen a lot of people struggle
with this when testing their stuff. But I'm not sure if it's well
written, according to the docs on Writing Documentation
(https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/writing-documentation/)
it looks ok to me though.

Any advise on how to proceed with this one?