GSOC 2017 Project Idea - Improve ORM by introducing real VirtualField and related field clean up

Asif Saifuddin

Mar 19, 2017, 1:16:02 PM3/19/17

I have been working on understanding previous works related to composite ForeiegnKey/PrimaryKey support/ VirtualField support, works/tickets on Fields API/RelationField API improvement/clean ups etc.

Is it a good idea to prepare something like this for gsoc this year?

I have also trying to prepare a dep for my plans of improvements.

Thanks,

Asif

Tim Graham

Mar 19, 2017, 2:26:06 PM3/19/17
It could be a suitable project, however, it's too late to develop a proposal of that complexity for this summer. A prospective student would need to demonstrate significant understanding of the ORM before I would advise them to tackle that topic.

Asif Saifuddin

Mar 19, 2017, 3:19:09 PM3/19/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
I have been working to understand the complexity for few months.

I will try to share my findings very soon. Lets see where I can reach before the deadline.