Status of 3.0 release blockers

Carlton Gibson

Sep 10, 2019, 4:56:51 AM9/10/19
Hi all.

Time to begin the release process for 3.0! 🎉

The feature freeze was yesterday, with some last things making it over the line.

Claude has updated the translations catalogs already.

Mariusz and Simon have cleaned up the last release blocker this morning, so we've branched
stable/3.0.x and we're ready to go with 3.0 alpha 1 today.

The schedule[0] is for the alpha today, beta in a month or so, release candidate a month after that.
Final release is due December 2nd.

We will use this thread to update on any changes.
To that, please test early and often.

Thanks all for your super efforts on this release cycle!

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Recai Atak

Dec 1, 2019, 8:25:48 PM12/1/19
Hi Carlton ,

i saw it somewhere , django 3.0 is coming with async database transaction availability . is that right ?

Adam Johnson

Dec 2, 2019, 1:05:03 AM12/2/19
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Recai, I’m afraid that’s not true. Django 3.0 adds ASGI support for asynchronous calls to the outermost handler. However all the rest of the stack remains synchronous. See the release notes:

For a single file demo app see my blog post:

Adam