CheckiO Community is looking for more ways to contribute into Open Source

Alexander Lyabah

Aug 12, 2016, 7:15:13 AM8/12/16
Hi Django developers.

My name is Alex I’m CEO and founder of CheckiO. I hope I found a right place to post this kind of message.

CheckiO is a game for python developers where players solving puzzles and improving their coding skills by sharing their solution and checking solutions of other user. Right now we have more than 200k python-coders who have tried a game at least once.

I know quite a lot CheckiO-players, who solved an impressive amount of puzzles, are looking for their next step. I want to help them. I’m sure that contributing into Open Source projects can be a great next step for them.

The problem here is that I don't have too much experience in Open Source contribution and I want to make sure I do it right from Open Source perspective, so maybe you can give me some advice here.

What can be the first step into Open Source? What can be the first contribution into Django?

Maybe you know some projects on GitHub that fits better for new contributors?

Thank you very much for your contribution into Open Source. I enjoy using Django in our projects.

ludovic coues

Aug 12, 2016, 7:19:06 AM8/12/16
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
There is a section in the django documentation about contributing :)

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/47133ff4-206d-441a-9612-2992a05be293%40googlegroups.com.

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
+336 148 743 42

Alexander Lyabah

Aug 15, 2016, 6:55:40 AM8/15/16
Oh.. I don't know how did I missed "First steps" in this article.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.