typeshed for Django

Melvyn Sopacua

Sep 17, 2017, 1:17:26 PM9/17/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

since recent threads about supporting python 3 type hints didn't lead
to a consensus that I saw I am wondering if anyone is working on
adding stubs to typeshed. I've just started on it and realize it's not
something to manage on your own.

The reason I'm moving ahead with this is that PyCharm is integrating
typeshed and what is not covered by it's now deprecated skeletons
implementation gets poor support: method arguments like "field" get a
generic object with properties distilled from the method body. But
let's not digress in IDE choices. This is merely my stick and carrot.

As mentioned on the typeshed project page and it being good practice
in general, it's a good idea to ask - before or in early stage of a
large undertaking - if someone is doing the same thing.

And I also like to ask if anyone is willing and able to contribute.

--
Melvyn Sopacua

Maxim Kurnikov

Sep 17, 2017, 7:04:03 PM9/17/17

Melvyn Sopacua

Sep 18, 2017, 3:35:10 AM9/18/17
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll see what I can integrate and I got the forms for you.
I've built mine on top of my typeshed fork (for now not bothering with
py2):

https://github.com/melvyn-sopacua/typeshed/tree/django/third_party/3/django
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/97082f4e-1cfa-451f-879c-a129a4c97f66%40googlegroups.com.