CMS Vs Myan

Mark Phillips

Mar 18, 2015, 2:12:51 AM3/18/15
to Django CMS
I am looking for what I would label a document management system. I have tons (1000+) of old photographs, negatives, and documents from my parents and their parents that I want to scan and put in some sort of order, and add additional family information to these documents. Everything will be either pdfs or tiff images from the scanner.

My question is which app is better suited for my needs - django cms or mayan? IS there something else I should look at? I could also go with a Java solution - there are tons of them, but I prefer Python, and don want to learn PHP...;) I would rather have an out of the box solution and not build a bunch of templates and modify a lot of models.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Mark

Daniele Procida

Mar 18, 2015, 10:30:51 AM3/18/15
to Django CMS
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015, Mark Phillips <ma...@phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:

>I am looking for what I would label a document management system. I have
>tons (1000+) of old photographs, negatives, and documents from my parents
>and their parents that I want to scan and put in some sort of order, and
>add additional family information to these documents. Everything will be
>either pdfs or tiff images from the scanner.

Frankly, that looks like the perfect job for Mayan EDMS.

Are you coming to DjangoCon Europe? <http://2015.djangocon.eu/event/mayan-edms/>

Daniele