Django CMS multilingual and international supports based on country or region

Bhushan Vaiude

Dec 28, 2014, 8:23:19 AM12/28/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
I am looking out for solution for one scenario in project.

I would like to use following technologies / tools

Django 1.6.x stable or 1.7
mysql
django-cms / mezzanine / feincms

***SCENARIO***
---

CMS for Tourist Hotel Menu card.

I would like to add pages in CMS based on country and multiple languages

>**Example 1:**

> Country - India (IN)

> *primary* Language 1 - Dutch - Belgium (de) OFFER PAGE = 2 Belgium dishes are free

> Language 2 - Chinese - Singapore (zh) OFFER PAGE = 4 Chinese dishes are free

>***Possible url for page***

>http://example.com/in/de/offer For India in Dutch OFFER PAGE = 2 Belgium dishes are free

>http://example.com/in/zh/offer For India in Chinese OFFER PAGE = 4 Chinese dishes are free

>**Example 1:**

> Country - Singapore (SG)

> *primary* Language 1 - Thai - Thailand (th) OFFER PAGE = 7 thai dishes are free

> Language 2 - Ukrainian - Ukraine (uk) OFFER PAGE = 4 Ukrainian dishes are free

> Language 3 - Portuguese - Portugal (pt) OFFER PAGE = 5 Portuguese dishes are free

>***Possible url for page***

>http://example.com/sg/th/offer For Singapore in Thai OFFER PAGE = 7 thai dishes are free

>http://example.com/sg/uk/offer For Singapore in Ukrainian OFFER PAGE = 4 Ukrainian dishes are free

>http://example.com/sg/pt/offer For Singapore in Portuguese OFFER PAGE = 5 Portuguese dishes are free

So my website need to support 15 countries and 3 languages, (for one page there will be *45* entries)
When admin add any page to CMS, he choose english as primary language and add the page with 45 possible combination.
Latter he will edit other pages according and publish them.
if page is not publish for the country, then user will get redirected to error page.

**NOTE**
For now, I need to manage the content of page not the url.

------

I went through the following the django plugins
> django-cms / mezzanine / feincms
Each one has multilingual and international supports using https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/django-cms/
and some model translation

But I am not able to come up with conclusion, how do I implement above scenerio with available cms plugin?
I would like to go with *mezzanine*.

Do I need to build my own django package?
Is there any way to customise any of the following cms plugin and add multilingual and international support with country?

> django-cms / mezzanine / feincms

thanks in advanced.

Iacopo Spalletti

Dec 28, 2014, 9:50:15 AM12/28/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
In projects like this I usually opt for a multi-site / multi-language
approach in which the regional websites are single Django instances on
specific domains (pick third- or TLD at your choice), each with a
determined set of languages available.
The offers are better handled by custom django application, but they are
perfectly feasible with standard django CMS pages / plugins: each
language can have totally different content from the other languages for
the same page.

Bhushan Vaiude

Dec 28, 2014, 12:23:29 PM12/28/14
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
@yakky I got your point regarding multi site approach.
But it is not manageable to administrator through the admin panel
As I am looking forward to provide a future support like adding new language or country.

Like in multi site approach, we need to add new site and add/update some settings in settings.py file, I think which is very tedious task.

>The offers are better handled by custom django application, but they are
>perfectly feasible with standard django CMS pages / plugins: each
>language can have totally different content from the other languages for
>the same page.

Can you please provide some more insights on above solution?