[ANNOUNCE] djangoCMS 3.4 RC 1 released

czpython

Aug 30, 2016, 9:51:30 AM8/30/16
to django CMS developers
Hello all,

The django CMS core team just released the first release candidate for version 3.4.

Please report any issues you find with this release to our issue tracker at

The most significant change in this release is the removal of revision support (i.e. undo/redo/recover functionality on pages) from the core django CMS.
This functionality will be reinstated as an optional addon in due course, but in the meantime, that functionality is not available.

What’s new in 3.4

* Alias plugin improvements
* Refactored plugin rendering functionality to speed up loading time in both structure and content modes.
* Added a new Shift + Space shortcut to switch between structure and content mode while highlighting the current plugin, revealing its position.
* Added help modal about available shortcuts
* And lots more!

On behalf of the django CMS core developer team,

Paulo Alvarado

Tim Graham

Aug 30, 2016, 3:21:42 PM8/30/16
to django CMS developers
Will it be released to PyPI as past release candidates were?

czpython

Aug 30, 2016, 3:34:26 PM8/30/16
to django CMS developers
The inconsistency is unfortunate, there's been some that were released to PyPI and others that have not :(.
Since 3.3.1, I've started moving towards not pushing release candidates to PyPI as a standard.
That said, I'm happy to shift towards releasing to PyPI if it gets more traction in the community, but once we shift then the idea would be that all rcs go to PyPI.

In the meantime, feel free to use the cms installer :)

pip install djangocms-installer==0.9rc2
djangocms
--cms-version=rc mysite